Tuesday, December 02, 2008

.....

And there came a time when I found myself alone

There came a time when I couldn't let go

When I was tied and bound and wasn't allowed.

I wasn't allowed to dream, think and love on my own.

My eyes were covered and taped shut; no light for me to see

Nothing for me to know or perceive.

And so I fought.

I fought and screamed, I yelled but no one bothered to hear.

No one heard my cry, my plea to be free.

But they did see, they saw me... they saw right through me.

They knew me; they knew who I was and why I was bound.

I was the only one who didn't see, I didn't know me.

And so I fought... I punched and kicked, I yelled out loud.

Finally I saw; I broke free from my chains.

I ripped off the tape and unbound my hands.

I saw him... the one who did this to me.

And I cried.

I cried out of anger, despair, and pity.

I screamed but he only starred back at me

No answer to why or when it happened, just a stare.

And so I left.

And I didn't look back.

No comments: