Wednesday, November 12, 2008

never settle for anything less than Butterflies


I lived by the quotes and themes of Sex and the City. I related Carrie’s relationship to Big as my relationship to a couple of boys that have at one point in time held my heart tightly. especially mr. "yo"


When things ended with my Ex, I went on dates with other guys but always came home fidgety. I wanted to skip all of that annoying preliminary stuff and land right back where I’d left off. Dabbling in small talk felt tedious. Swapping childhood stories felt forced. That whole getting-to-know-you phase felt arduous. I wanted to just know him already.

I guess thats why sometimes i act the way i do towards males because its the phases that we have to go through in order to actually get to know an individula, it dosent only take time.. but it takes dedication trust and a couple of other things but i guess when MR. "YO" came into my life he was perfect......

Even still, you reminded me of something I’d forgotten over time. You returned to me the excitement that comes with that whole getting-to-know-you phase. That eagerness to learn more. That yearning to know more. Above all, you reminded me to never settle for anything less than butterflies.



“When it comes to relationships, maybe we’re all in glass houses, and shouldn’t throw stones. Because you can never really know. Some people are settling down, some are settling and some people refuse to settle for anything less. Than butterflies…”

No comments: